[arch-general] How to safe configs to another path than ~

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jul 26 06:03:45 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 03:28 -0600, Chris Moline wrote:
> > A way to get configs
> >
> to /music/production_0001, /music/production_0002 ... /music/production_9999
> > is what I need.
>
> I'm wondering what apps specifically do you use? I think we can help
> you better if we know what those are.

For example Qtractor, but I don't have a list of apps I'm using, I want
be able to handle the app that will be written tomorrow too.

For Qtractor it's easy to find the configuration
in /home/rocketmouse/.config/rncbc.org/, so I could copy and restore it,
but I hope there's a better way, than to do it like this.
HOME=/path/foo app
might work for some apps.