[arch-general] CLI diffing tool other than Vim?

Pedro A. López-Valencia palopezv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 18:42:50 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-07-30 at 18:11 -0400, Daniel Micay wrote:

> It's a mailing list, we don't care how many years of experience you
> claim to have.

Exactly. I don't care about you either. But read below.

> I only care that you're telling people to waste their
> time by suggesting they do merges with pen and paper instead of tools
> in the repositories supporting the workflow of a merge.

There is no single solution to all problems. If you only have to merge
two lines, using something like meld or vimdiff is a waste. If you are
merging a multi-file patch, you'd be mad to try to do it by hand if you
can do it with an automation tool. Each problem has a proper solution
and it is not necessarily yours.

What is incredibly sad is your boorish, borderline behavior. If you know
what is better for the health of this mailing list, you will stop now.
And as I said before, you win by default. What else do you need?