[arch-general] [procps-ng] archlinux default sysctl.conf

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Fri Jun 14 01:13:55 EDT 2013

[2013-06-13 19:58:06 -0500] Leonid Isaev:
> 	After reading sysctl-related manpages in systemd, I started to wonder
> about the logic behind /etc/sysctl.conf shipped with core/procps-ng. If one
> follows systemd's conventions, this file should be in /usr/lib/sysctl.d and
> mnemonically called something like "100-archlinux-default.conf". Also note,
> that systemd currently doesn't document /etc/sysctl.conf at all...

See: /usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-sysctl.service

This is the legacy location of the kernel parameters configuration file.
Eventually I would like to get most things out of it and to /usr/lib/...
In the meantime it's fine as it is; if you have any specific issues or
want a parameter to be taken out to /usr/lib please open a feature
request.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan