[arch-general] What is the policy regarding the urgency of fixes ?

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Thu May 2 11:01:50 EDT 2013

On 1 May 2013 22:54, Pavan Yalamanchili <contact at pavanky.com> wrote:
> For example, the following commit fixes a bug
>
> https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/cuda&id=09ae51b3d87b7cc8cce2bfd1026e711e29368a8f
>
> But that change would require a 400+ MB to be downloaded when doing a
> pacman -Syu. The next version of CUDA is probably around the corner. I feel
> a fix then would have been easier.
>
> I am not complaining, I can just do --ignore for now. I am just curios to
> know if this kind of stuff is thought about.

As Gaetan has mentioned, these sort of things usually depend on the
maintainer. Now, I do agree that having some sort of consensus is
good, but we can't really dictate every minor detail.

I personally do delay updates if they introduce a little bit of extra
baggage that some users might not want, but there's nothing in that
which makes it a better decision than if I were to do otherwise.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1