[arch-general] Linux 3.9.2-1-ARCH cures blank screen

Whiskers catwheezel at operamail.com
Mon May 13 08:41:19 EDT 2013

On Mon, 13 May 2013 10:41:57 +0100 Mauro Santos
<registo.mailling at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 13-05-2013 08:30, Joaquin Villanova wrote:
>
>> I've got a mobility radeon (rv620) chip and I've had a ton of problems
>> with xfce. I was not using any login manager and xfce was always
>> crashing the X session and getting me to tty, it was horrible (far from
>> stable IMHO).
>>

>That has been a problem for a long time and people recurrently ask how
>to solve it.

XFCe has been pretty stable for me; I don't think it has ever crashed,
although there have been a few passing quirks.

>Uncheck "Save session for future logins" at the logout menu, then delete
>everything inside ~/.config/xfce4-session and the problem should go away.

That doesn't restore my desktop or mouse-button settings, nor does
deleting them and re-making them.  The pointer and keyboard settings are
still working, fortunately!

--
--  Whiskers