[arch-general] SELinux packages status update

Timothée Ravier siosm99 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 17:12:50 EST 2013

On 03/11/2013 21:32, Timothée Ravier wrote:
> Status of core packages that requires patches or rebuild:
>
> * findutils:  need SELinux patch, can be upstreamed, but is upstream
>               still alive ?
> * pam:        rebuild '--enable-selinux' flag for Linux-PAM, patch for
>               pam_unix2, which only removes a function already
>               implemented in a library elsewhere. Is there an
>               upstream here? I couldn't find one;
> * psmisc:     small patch, already upstream. Will be in version 22.21;
>
> Total:
>
> 1 rebuild as-is,
> 8 rebuild with additional flags/config,
> 3 rebuild with patches required (with one already upstream and two
> potentially dead upstream).

Quick update here:

* The findutils patch is already upstream and in the latest
  *development* release (4.5.10). No ETA for the stable release. They
  need help fixing bugs if someone is interested [0].
* According to Thorsten Kukuk (latest known pam_unix2 developer),
  pam_unix2 is no longer under development and we should use Linux-PAM,
  which we are using already. Is there a reason pam_unix2 is still in
  the repository?

So the only patch not already upstream is the one with a dead upstream.

Now let's go back to work on the policy...

[0] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=findutils

Tim