[arch-general] arch rollback machine

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Wed Sep 4 20:44:16 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Lieven Moors <lievenmoors at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what is happening with Arch Rollback Machine?
> The server (arm.konnichi.com) has been unavailable for more than a week now,
> and I'm depending on it to keep an offline machine up to date...

Hello,

I setup an ARM-like on one server. You can access it at:
http://seblu.net/a/arm/.

I created the following tree (don't remember former hierarchy, but
seems compatible)

# tree -L 3
├── 2013
│   ├── 08
│   │   └── 31
│   └── 09
│       ├── 01
│       ├── ...
│       └── 05
├── last -> 2013/09/05
└── month -> 2013/09/01

The sync is done everyday at 12h21 CEST, and pooled with hardlink (I
don't trust btrfs snapshot).
The `last' symlink points to the last successful sync.
The `month' symlink points to the first sync of the month. This can
help people wanting a slower rolling distro.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://www.seblu.net