[arch-general] iTunes on Arch Linux

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Apr 20 11:21:50 EDT 2014

Hi,

on my Arch Linux host I run Windows XP as guest in Virtual Box. From one
day to the other some Internet connections don't work anymore.

If I try to connect iTunes to their server, there is no Internet
connection. If I try to connect to https://startpage.com/ by a guest's
browser, there's no Internet connection, while for http://www.google.de/
there is. https://startpage.com/ is available by the Arch Linux host's
browsers. Another https website,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Secure is available by the guest's
browsers too.

What could be the cause, that for some things the Internet is available
for the guest and for other things the Internet isn't available.

Some Heartbleed fix or some missing fix?

Safari's German message says that it can's connect to
https://startpage.com/ , because it can't establish a secure connection.

iTunes just nags that I should check, if there is an Internet
connection.

Unfortunately I need iTunes.

Any ideas how to fix it or another way to run iTunes on Linux?

Regards,
Ralf