[arch-general] Systemd email notifications

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 07:04:32 EST 2014

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any standard system for receiving
notifications from systemd for unit state changes?  I currently
use Monit for the monitoring of many processes, and it'll e-mail
me when things happen (e.g. a process was restarted).  Since
switching to systemd, it's felt a bit silly that for several
processes, I'm having Monit monitor them simply because
systemd is unable to tell me it restarted a unit.  Monit isn't
actually required to keep those processes alive as it once was,
because systemd can do that.

Paul