[arch-general] Thank you

Mark Lee mark at markelee.com
Mon Jan 6 15:45:45 EST 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 22:11 +0200, Alper Kanat wrote:
> I wish Arch was supported officially on things like AWS and other server
> infrastructures. It's clearly my favourite distro for many years. But it's
> pretty heartbreaking to see that its support is only community driven.
>

> ---
> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
>

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM, Mike Cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > May I add my thanks to all the developers and maintainers for making
> > ArchLinux the excellent distribution that it is.  I converted all my
> > machines to Arch over the past couple of years, and I value the philosophy,
> > the up-to-datedness, and the speedy and efficient package management, as
> > well as the amazing level of stability given how current the packages are.
> > I would particularly like to thank Rod Smith for helping in herding me, as
> > one of the rEFInd learners, into the knowledge pen, and making UEFI boot
> > work well on so many relatively new machines. The rolling distro model  and
> > the "Arch way" really do work fantastically well.
> >
> > May ArchLinux users have a great 2014 and beyond.
> >

> > On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM, arnaud gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
> > >wrote:

> > > want to say thank you . That's the last of my fedora machines now and I
> > am
> > > all Arch and they are all working really well.

> > > was straightforward with Arch.

> > > I just wanted to add to your testimony I run Arch too on a server and
> > > it is very pleasant to use.
> > > And YES, running Arch as a web server is a good and feasible solution,
> > > even with the high number of upgrades.
> > > Definitively one of the best distro out there, thanks to its very
> > > dynamic and reactive dev community.
> > >
> > > Thanks to all and HNY.
> > >

> > --
> > mike c

Salutations!

While corporate support would fullfill some finanical necessities, I
think the community aspects of Arch ensure that not a single entity
maintains disproportional power over the Linux distribution. Arch is
really meant for mechanics rather than businessmen.

Regards,
Mark
--
Mark Lee <mark at markeelee.com>