[arch-general] systemd-nspawn/systemd-networkd/

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 06:28:56 EST 2014

> I've had a quick look at systemd-networkd, and I don't think it would be
> significantly different to set up than netctl in your case. I think the problem
> was one of theory: I don't know how much reading you've done, but you need
> to understand some theory of the networking stack, network interfaces,
> bridges etc... before you can make a sensible configuration. I think that's
> beyond the scope of the documentation for most of these tools, although it
> would certainly make sense for the wiki to document some common use-cases.
>
> Paul

I read a lot, especially when it comes to networking. As for me, it is
the trickiest part of administrating my machine. I found many posts
asking help about bridge, and I realized I was far from being the only
one to have trouble with this notion. The more detailed WIKI I found
about a correct bridge set up was on parabolagnulinux qemu wiki[1].
Usually Arch and parabola wiki are quite similar, but this time I
found more info.
I know systemd-networkd can be used for my container. For now, I am
enjoying the container with netctl. I was not successful with
networkd, as I do not fully understand the principle. I don't even
know which profile for wich machine (host or container) !
I have a lot of work to do now on container, as it will be a test
server for writing/deploying web apps.
TY for your kindness and support.

[1]https://wiki.parabolagnulinux.org/QEMU_Guide