[arch-general] tap device

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:45:19 EDT 2014

> I'm not sure what you mean by zero network config. Do you mean you want to set up the
> tap interface entirely on the host, along with a static IP, and then the container simply
> attaches to that tap device when it boots? I guess that's possible.

yes. But I have a static IP now on container but using bridge, no tap

> Can I ask what you're trying to achieve in terms of this network setup? Are you just after
> straight-forward internet connectivity, or are you planning to filter packets going in and
> out of the container? For the simple usecase, I think you can simply use the normal host
> interface from inside the container, though you can't modify it.

The container is dedicated to be a test server for months before I set
up a production server (not on my machine this time !). A lot of web
services will be hosted on the container.
 The container is a way to test my settings for web apps and coding