[arch-general] Zramswap for /tmp

Mark Lee mark at markelee.com
Thu Mar 13 09:47:00 EDT 2014

Salutations,

I've had excessive swapping (high cpu usage with kswapd) and the
termination of running programs (like Skype) due to zram swapping. I used
zramswap from the AUR to start the service, but it only calls on the kernel
to produce the block devices. A compressed zram device (like maybe F2FS
partition zram block) for /tmp should eliminate the risk of /tmp files
taking precedence over running programs with a zramswap. It would limit
/tmp performance to the max decompression speed of the zram block.

Regards,
Mark