[arch-general] user management error

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Mar 18 06:53:08 EDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 10:28 +0000, message wrote:
> No, the system does not start as root.
> After many reboots, am unable to sign-in directly as normal user 'a'.
> Have to sign in as 'root' (command 'su' not recognised), then change
> to 'a' using 'su a'. Access to /home directory 'a' (/home/a) is
>  successful.

OP, if you want to get help, at least consider not to break the thread
and the subject line at the same time.

Instead of explaining your issue, why don't you follow the hints others
already made? And/or explain exactly what you do.

Please post the output of

ls -l /home
cat /etc/fstab

I don't understand you. "su" isn't recognised, but you su to user "a"?

Regards,
Ralf