[arch-general] When change tty1 the locale change

Mark Lee mark at markelee.com
Tue Mar 18 21:10:57 EDT 2014

On 03/18/2014 09:04 PM, Maykel Franco wrote:

>> Hi, but the keyboard layout is not set in vconsole
>>
>> ┌─┤[$]|[sl1pkn07]|[sL1pKn07]|[~]|
>> └───╼  cat /etc/vconsole.conf
>> KEYMAP=es
>> FONT=Lat2-Terminus16
>> #FONT_MAP=8859-1_to_uni
>> ┌─┤[$]|[sl1pkn07]|[sL1pKn07]|[~]|
>> └───╼  cat /etc/locale.conf
>> LANG="es_ES.UTF-8"
>> LC_TIME="es_ES.UTF-8"
>> LC_COLLATE="C"
>> ┌─┤[$]|[sl1pkn07]|[sL1pKn07]|[~]|

>>> :

>>> maykeldebian at gmail.com

> change

> Salutations,
>
> Did you set your language in /etc/locale.conf?
>
> Regards,
> mark

>>> same.

>>> The keyboard layout is "es" , spanish, the option is configured in
>>> systemsettings to kde. In preferences keyboard. In the X , tty7, the
>>> language is OK, spanish but I change the tty, without X, the language
>>> change to english...
>>>
>>> I dont understand why...
>>>
>>> Thanks for all...
>>>

> The /etc/vconsole.conf not found in my system. In the tty1 I know the
> language is english because to write with keyboard the language is english.
> For example, in spanish the key - , in the english is /
>
> Thanks.

Salutations,

Please do the following :
# echo es > /etc/vconsole.com;  ## change keyboard console mapping to
Spanish keyboard

See <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Keyboard_Configuration_in_Console>

I'd like to know the output of the which command (there usually isn't a
binary called stuff installed, so it should spit out an error message;
if your locale is working, that message is in Spanish).

Regards,
Mark