[arch-general] browser and tty

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:02:39 EDT 2014

>>> According to the Arch Wiki :
>>> <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/I3#Launching_programs_on_specific_workspaces>;
>>> that seems to be the correct behavior.
>>>
>>> You are assigning chromium to be launched on tty1.

No, I am assigning chromium to be launched on WORKSPACE 1 !!

> I apologize I just caught the error myself as your email came in. Does
> i3 require xorg-xserver, and if that's the case, is there already a
> running instance of the xserver on TTY1(you mention you have mate).

Even if I boot directly into i3 in tty1, chromium is not started on workspace 1.

Furthermore, my keyboard is US, not the one I use.
Part of my /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier       "Keyboard0"
    Driver            "kbd"
    Option         "XkbLayout" "ch"
    Option         "XkbModel" "pc104"
    Option         "XkbVariant" "fr"
EndSection

All my issues seem tied to a xserver  issue in fact.