[arch-general] Installing Archlinux alongside Ubuntu on aWindows8 UEFI laptop

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Wed May 7 17:16:51 EDT 2014

  I would like to sign off with a little information about how this has
gone.

I had used the "F12" boot options method once.  Subsequently, the  Windows
Boot Loader appeared on the GRUB menu.  I have since then installed Fedora
20, and it went very well.

I now see that if once specifies "UEFI" as the boot method in the BIOS, and
not Legacy or Both, these linux distros look for the EFI partition (or
whatever that is called), and if one specifies it to be mounted wihtout
formating in the parititioning scheme, all goes well.

Thank everyone for the help.  Now the machine boots right into GRUB.

Alan Davis