[arch-general] How to disable systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer

Olivier Langlois olivier at olivierlanglois.net
Thu May 8 02:43:57 EDT 2014

Since a recent update (I have first noticed a couple of weeks ago this
new systemd enhancement), systemd started to automatically clean /tmp
directory daily. This is not something that I like as I prefer to decide
when to clean up and to manually perform the clean up.

I have tried

systemctl stop systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer
systemctl disable systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer

The disabling apparently did not survived a reboot and the undesired
systemd service came back.

I guess that I could mess with tmpfiles-clean config file but I am just
not interested in the service at all. What is the sure way method to
disable it for good?

thank you,