[arch-general] How to disable systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer

Christos Nouskas nous at archlinux.us
Thu May 8 03:46:52 EDT 2014

On 8 May 2014 09:43, Olivier Langlois <olivier at olivierlanglois.net> wrote:
> Since a recent update (I have first noticed a couple of weeks ago this
> new systemd enhancement), systemd started to automatically clean /tmp
> directory daily. This is not something that I like as I prefer to decide
> when to clean up and to manually perform the clean up.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution to your problem (which is also mine
as I tend to keep a lot of files in /tmp...) but the invasiveness of
systemd is just outrageous and, allow me to say, not KISS at all, i.e.
do one thing and do it well [0]. First it was udev, next dbus, then
journal logs, then timers, now automatic /tmp cleaning. What's next,
mandatory reboot on each update?

This is not a rant against Arch or its devs and community, but against
systemd; the sad facts speak for themselves.

[0] http://boycottsystemd.org/

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=nous
http://tiny.cc/linux-pf