[arch-general] java: cannot execute - too many levels of symbolic links

lolilolicon lolilolicon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 07:01:57 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Guillaume ALAUX
<guillaume at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 9 September 2014 12:25, lolilolicon <lolilolicon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> To be sure, I do appreciate your effort, Guillaume. No one likes to deal
>> with this java crap. I don't have strong objections against your general
>> approach, only this particular packaging practice. Let's improve it.
>
>> To be sure, I do appreciate your effort
> The vocabulary you use to describe this package prevents you from
> stating that you "appreciate" my effort.

I appreciate the effort you put into working out a way to deal with the
mess that is java. It does not conflict with the fact that I think the
current state of java-common is imperfect, and indeed is, IMO,
substandard.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, but realize that I'm merely stating that
one particular package is bad, and it needs our attention. Please do not
take it personally.

Disregard what particular language I used -- I should add that my
temperament in this particular case was in no small part due to my
dislike of java.

Again I apologize for the harm I did not intend.