[arch-general] Display Manager issue

pete nikolic pg.nikolic1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 02:59:47 EDT 2014

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 08:06:25 +0200
"Martin S. Weber" <Ephaeton at gmx.net> wrote:

> On 2014-09-16 07:57:33, Heiko Becker wrote:
> >
> > On 16.09.2014 07:28, Frank Zimmermann wrote:
> > >my DM is behaving strange.
> >
> > Can you maybe provide information which DM it is? Could be related to that.
>
> I see the same for quite a while. With Lightdm. I disabled xdm in the
> meantime and startx instead, which does not expose the same symptoms of
> X-fckup.
>
> > Did you change anything in the Xorg.conf files?
>
> Lol. This is arch. Of course we did. The transition "working" -> "not working"
> wasn't triggered by config editing but by a pacman -Syu though.

Exactly the same issue here  but with KDE using KDM    switch to using "Startx"  no
more problems  .

It appears to be a permissions thing  but i have been unable to pin it down   .

Pete .

--
Please note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.