[arch-projects] [netcfg] Hoping to develop in git

Connor Behan connor.behan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 04:28:52 EDT 2013

I have just finished moving netcfg from the AUR to [community] and I
think I will eventually have to write patches to keep it working. This
could be done in a separate repo but I see no need for a fork. There has
never been any debate about what to include in netcfg and even though
the user base is pretty small now, it is still primarily on Arch.

A few immediate changes will be getting rid of backticks, "sbin" and
other cosmetic things. I will also go through the netcfg bugs that were
closed and fix the ones that are reasonable. In the long term, I suspect
most of my activities will be following the netctl commits and keeping
netcfg as similar as possible without defeating the purpose.

Mattias, the maintainer of the AUR package, has some ideas so I have
encouraged him to apply for git access as well.