[aur-dev] AUR Voting Application

Callan Barrett wizzomafizzo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 03:01:04 EST 2007

Hi there,

I suppose a lot of you have seen the recent discussion about voting
and quorum etc. and the way it tapered off after the discussion on
IRC. Since then I've put something together as an add-on to the AUR
for TUs to vote for applicants, removals and all that to help us out a
little. With this set up applying to be a TU and the discussion period
would still be kept on the mailing list but after that it would be
taken to the AUR for the voting period.

With voting like this it means it's harder to miss a vote (maybe we
can even set up a notice on the front AUR page or some sort of mail
notification, I dunno), voting is kept more organised, votes are far
easier to check back on and your vote is kept private.

So far everything is working as it should, you're able to add a new
proposal to the system and once there people are able to view
information about the proposal and then vote on it. It's set up in a
semi-anonymous way where the fact you voted is recorded but your
actual vote (yes/no/abstain) is never known. Although all the basic
functionality is complete it's still missing a few things like
localisation and supporting votes of a variable length but bother of
these shouldn't be too hard to add. I'm interested in anyone's opinion
of this and any suggestions you'd like to make for it.

Some screenshots:
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3976/closedvotelo4.png
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/1448/listviewvq9.png
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1908/runningnotvotedkt6.png