[aur-dev] AUR - Patch

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 23 05:58:45 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 03:57:31PM +0100, BaSh wrote:
> 2008/3/22, Callan Barrett <wizzomafizzo at gmail.com>:
> > Can anyone else open this file? I can't extract anything in it.
> >  Could you just send them without compression?
> Uhm...you can try this

I'll be including a modified version of the out-of-date search patch
soon.

As for forcing a package category, it seems like a good idea, but what
do we do about the other ~100 packages already in the AUR without
categories? I think it might be better not to start forcing it now, and
it's reasonable to allow non-categorized packages. Opinions on this one?

-S

Also for the future, try to label your patches so they're easier to read
over quickly, and don't compress them (unless it's a UTF8 encoded
translation). You might want to take a look at
http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=pacman.git;a=blob;f=submitting-patches;h=02cde30fddd956c1ea6cecc5a9d4d1f77483ccc9;hb=HEAD
to get an idea of what I mean.