[aur-dev] Next update of the AUR?

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 21:42:44 EDT 2010

On Wed 11 Aug 2010 21:27 -0400, Denis Kobozev wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Let's say I'd like to be such a person. Would I have to prove my
> >> commitment first?
> >
> > Of course. It's important that I trust that you will be a good
> > caretaker. It would be nice if you could become a TU.
>
> Totally understandable, but I'm not at all interested in maintaining
> packages. That is, I think that the community is doing a good enough
> job already. I'm not really looking for any kind of special status, I
> just want to be able to give something back to Arch.

That's fine. I became a TU under the role of AUR dev/admin. I have very
few packages. If you were to take up that role - it would be a special
status in itself anyways. :D It would be important that you have
communication with TUs and devs. As a TU you have a vote in the
direction of the AUR.

Now, there's a reason why I'd like to see more independent repo
projects. So that the AUR isn't so tied down to one community's
infrastructure. It could help foster innovation as well. Unfortunately,
there hasn't been that much development there.