[aur-general] PKGBUILD-git that actually works with branches

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Fri May 28 13:38:24 EDT 2010

Excerpts from David Campbell's message of 2010-05-28 20:03:29 +0200:
> Excerpts from Philipp's message of 2010-05-28 11:24:52 -0400:
> > I merged it with the original PKGBUILD-git.proto and hope it's fine this
> > way, but please feel free to make any changes necessary.
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/deqgqjJe
>
> You should probably submit the changes as a patch to what is currently in
> abs[1], with some comments saying what the changes are and maybe why they improve
> the PKGBUILD prototype. That said, I don't know if this mailing list is the
> right place for submitting abs patches.
>
> [1]: http://projects.archlinux.org/abs.git/

I thought this list is appropriate because it's mostly useful to AUR
packagers. I frequently package -git versions, most of the time though
the master branch is what I'm after, and for that the normal
PKGBUILD-git.proto works fine.
That's why I defaulted to "master", but I get the following error:
fatal: git checkout: branch master already exists

It works, but I need some input on whether and how the default case can
be handled more gracefully.
--

Regards,
Philipp

-----
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan