[aur-general] Moving packages to Community

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Sat Feb 5 15:49:49 EST 2011

2011/2/5 Nicky726 <nicky726 at gmail.com>:

> To Angel Velasquez: the nature of the relation is not like an ownership, but
> more like an authorship. Is it that much to show your respect to the author by
> a polite question? After all we are people, not mindless machines nor animals.

Hi Nicky,

This is opensource world dude, can you see it?, so forget those
"autorship" and "license" of those PKGBUILD, plus, in many cases, many
of the packages went from one people to another. Btw I don't know why
people refers to packages when we are talking about aurballs
containing PKGBUILD, this is different from a package.

As Ioni said, he kept the Contributor tag, I don't see the point of
whining if your work as a maintainer is recognized on that PKGBUILD
but I don't see the point of contributing expecting recognition, we
are humans, I know, but what can make you happier than the fact that
your work evolved and now you have opportunity to evolve with it too
(i.e maintaining new PKGBUILD and then applying to be a TU).

We eventually show our respect to the author to notice him that we do
will move your package, but it's arrogant and too stupid to pretend
that a TU or Dev have to `ask you for permission` <--- THIS IS
MADNESS, you aren't the owner of that PKGBUILD ! even if you wrote it
from scratch! the next thing after from asking for permission will be
"please pay me" .. so hell no.

EOF

--
Angel Velásquez