[aur-general] TU Application -Thomas Hatch

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 19:07:14 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Christopher Rogers
<slaxemulator at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was working on something that is like quarters. I called it absbb (or ABS
> Build Bot). I was trying to make a build like
> slitaz<http://www.slitaz.org/>has for there distro but for arch. I
> used makerepo to help with making the
> packages once in chroot. I have not looked at it in a few months since i
> was
> busy trying to make slitaz better and updated.
>
> https://github.com/godane/devtools-pkgbuild/tree/archbb
>
> Also there is archbb script that was just my attempt to  combined all of
> devtools into one big script. That didn't get any auto build bot feature
> into it.
>
> I hope this helps. Also +1 for TU.
>
> PS I started releasing my livecd again at http://godane.wordpress.com.

Well, good ideas are thought of twice :)

I am making quarters in python, also I wanted to make it so the the builds
could be distributed, it would be difficult and impractical to have a
continuous build system rebuilding all packages over and over again on just
one box.

I have just been trying to figure out how to make it simple enough for arch,
so no databases, communication systems are all built in so no setting up
crazy deps etc.

But I will look at your absbb, I will most likely be able to garner some
ideas!

Thanks for the vote!