[aur-general] Updating libevent to 2.0.10

Ionuț Bîru ibiru at archlinux.org
Mon Jan 31 11:07:41 EST 2011

On 01/31/2011 05:55 PM, Martti Kühne wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:16 AM, Brian Troutwine<brian at troutwine.us>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I apologize, but my package was deleted from AUR without so much as an
>> explanation. Unless I'm very much mistaken, I broke no packaging
>> guidelines. I'll likely not be working to update libevent, after all.
>>
>> Thanks for you time.
>> Brian Troutwine
>>

> Hello people,
>
> Forgot bugging this list as well. What's the issue with having 2.0.10
> in unsupported? It's not in *-testing either, so there was no reason
> for this?
>
> regards
> mar77i

i don't see that email in aur-general and i wonder how did you got it.

he said he didn't broke any guidelines. I do remember somebody saying
that libeven 2.0.10 was uploaded AS libevent.

Copy/pasting from aur guidelines[1]:

Check [core], [extra], and [community] for the package. If it is inside
any of those repositories in ANY form, DO NOT submit the package (if the
current package is broken or is lacking an included feature then please
file a bug report in FlySpray).

This restriction is there because a lot of users are using yaourt/clyde
who checks for updates from aur and if the build has the same package
name, it would pull it and install, breaking his applications that links
to libevent.

He should upload as libevent2 without conflicting with the current libevent1

[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_User_Guidelines#Submitting_packages

--
Ionuț