[aur-general] Suggestions for dealing with packages that require root

Allen Li cyberdupo56 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:52:24 EST 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 07:01:21AM -0500, Dave Reisner wrote:
> To the OP, I suggest finding out what legitimately fails in the build when
> the user doesn't exist and patching the build system to suck less. When
> you're done, send your improvements upstream.

My suggestion would be to simply fail out if the user doesn't exist and
have the user create the user himself.  (Include the "sudo adduser
something" that needs to be run in the error message for simplicity).
AUR isn't supposed to be simple as in newbie-friendly but simple as in
without cruft.  Just my two cents.

Allen