[aur-general] TU Application - Andrzej Giniewicz (giniu)

Andrzej Giniewicz gginiu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 14:22:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski
<b at bpiotrowski.pl> wrote:
> I hope we'll see you on IRC when/if you become TU. ;)

I will try :)

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at> wrote:
> Mind uploading your gpg key to the keyservers? `gpg --send-keys <keyid>`
> is enough.

done

> Please also try to send GPG/MIME mails instead of inlining
> the signature.

again, I will try. I haven't used gpg/mime because I prefer gmail www
interface and it was easier that way. Anyway, I installed thunderbird
for this, although I'm not yet sure if it worked - will find out after I
send this reply ;) (it is still importing emails for 30 minutes now,
ugh... I tend to not delete stuff from this mail box so it's going
trough like over 17000 emails from Arch category now, and this is only
one category which is like 10% of all that are out there)

> I just
> hope it won't turn out that being a TU is too time-consuming for you.

I also wasn't sure abut that one for quite some time, that's why I
haven't applied year ago. Now I believe I will be able to devote enough
time to perform TU duties

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org>
wrote:
> [2012-06-29 07:53:57 +0200] Andrzej Giniewicz:
>> I'm interested in [...] typography
>
> Is there anything specific in this area you'd like to work on in Arch if
> you're given the chance?

At first, as I wrote in my application, I will try to improve scientific
python stack, then do some work on color profile aware editing/printing.
As for typography if you ask about this in particular, I mostly use TeX
& LyX & Scribus but those are well packaged and maintained already. I
will probably look at font management, as this is something that is
still lacking in community repositories in my opinion, so maybe some
work on fontmatrix or similar tools - although this wouldn't be too high
on my list.

Cheers,
Andrzej.