[aur-general] AUR upgraded to 2.0.0

canyonknight at gmail.com canyonknight at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 14:45:52 EST 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Kwpolska <kwpolska at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> But I think that two things need improvement:
> 1. I tried to insert the key ID (4 chars) instead of the fingerprint
> (40.)  A hint (like <tt>gpg --fingerprint</tt>) would be useful.

The input box is labeled "PGP Key Fingerprint" not "PGP Key ID". A bit
more verbosity on the error message probably wouldn't hurt though.

> 2. Cannot unflag a package unless you’re the maintainer — sometimes,
> flags are made errorneously and you need to revert it.

The problem with the flagger being able to unflag a package is they
can repeatedly flag/unflag. This would make the maintainer receive a
ton of e-mails. Unfortunately, that has happened before and was a big
factor in the change.

An alternative would be to add a small separate flagging page (similar
to the main site) to reduce the number of erroneously flagged
packages, while still preventing the flag/unflag abuse. That could
also fix a CSRF issue that was re-introduced with the routing changes.

Thanks for your suggestions.