[aur-general] python3-aur: now with interactive functionality

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Mon Nov 5 04:51:39 EST 2012

Hi,

I just want to announce that the latest release of python3-aur [1] includes 2
significant changes:

1) The original AUR module is now AUR.RPC. Although it is still possible to
   import the AUR class from AUR, users should update their scripts to import
   from AUR.RPC instead.

2) The package now includes AUR.Aurploader, which was the backend module created
   for the Python rewrite of Aurploader [2]. The addition of this module to
   python3-aur adds support for interaction such as login in, uploading
   packages, posting comments, voting, unvoting, notifying, etc.

The package should now provide a good starting point for automating most
tasks. I will likely add missing functionality as I need it or as it is
requested.

I may eventually add TU-specific functionality as well (e.g. checking and
voting in ongoing TU votes, which could be useful given the recent comments on
(nearly) missing votes).

Regards,
Xyne

[1] http://xyne.archlinux.ca/projects/python3-aur/