[aur-general] TUs and their following of the Bylaws

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sun Aug 4 09:35:13 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 03:40:53PM -0300, Angel Velásquez wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> [...]
>
> Having that set, I am shocked about how the bylaws are being just used
> just for addition process, but for somehow are being ignored for stuff
> like quorum and removal procedures, some TUs look to otherside when we
> mention this subject.
>
> [...]
>
> Let this discussion begin.

Trying to automate this, I just submitted a couple of AUR patches to
aur-dev [1].

Based on this, we could:

* Add another simple patch that simply displays whether a vote is
  accepted or not. This leaves no room for discussion on the results of
  future votes.

* Implement auto-initiation of removal procedures for repeated quorum
  offenses.

That do you think about that?

[1] https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2013-August/002502.html