[aur-general] Request name change/orphaing of drawterm

Marshall Conover marzhall.o at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 20:41:02 EDT 2013

Hello aur-general,

   I messaged the list about two weeks about the drawterm[1] package,
saying that I had flagged the package out of date, uploaded a working
package build to the page as a comment, and attempted to contact the owner
of the package two weeks prior; I then asked that the package be
orphaned/updated with my working package build.

I was asked by speps to send an email to the package maintainer at his
gmail address, as the domain for his other email address seems out of
sorts; that address was actually the one I had originally sent it to, but I
figured I"d give it more time and check IRC and speps suggested. I have
still been unable to contact the prior maintainer.

I have uploaded a new package, drawterm-hg[2], which (as far as I can tell)
meets the criteria for a package on the AUR, and fixes the issues with the
old drawterm package (which also used mercurial, but didn't have it in the
name). As the new package seems to hit all the points needed, I believe the
old drawterm should be deleted. Let me know if anything else is required!

Thanks,

Marshall Conover

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/drawterm/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/drawterm-hg/