[aur-general] Unused account on BBS and AUR web interface

William Gathoye william at gathoye.be
Sat Aug 24 12:58:14 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

Do you have any news regarding the request I wrote in the following
mail I posted about 4 months ago on this mailing list?

Would it be finally possible to release that unused username to me? It
seems like the guy who asked for that account has never completed the
subscription process.

I would really like to contribute to the AUR, submit patches, give
ideas of improvement, etc. but with the same identity I'm using on the
other ArchLinux platforms like IRC, forum and the wiki (wiki where I'm
quite active) and a fortiori on other open source projects.

Thanks!

On 04/05/13 17:34, William Gathoye wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to contribute to the AUR, but it appears the account
> 'wget' has already been registrered, but no one seems to currently
> use it. It looks like someone has asked for a password reset but
> hasn't clicked on the confirmation link from the email yet. Would
> it be possible for you to unlock this account and release this
> username for me?
>
> I'm experiencing the same issue with the BBS forum. I got 'Invalid
> username' as a response from the registration form.
>
> It would be nice if I could keep the same e-dentity for the
> ArchLinux community, as I'm using the same nickname for the
> communities where I'm getting involved in.
>

> Regards,
>
> -- William Gathoye <william at gathoye.be>

- --
William Gathoye