[aur-general] Changes in Arch packaging standards

Sergej Pupykin ml at sergej.pp.ru
Fri Dec 6 04:25:01 EST 2013

Hi,

Bartłomiej Piotrowski proposed packaging standard changes:
if there are 2 versions of some package foobar, then older version (1.0
for example) must be named as foobar1-1.0 and newer version (2.0 for
example) must be named as foobar-2.0.

I did not see such rule yet on
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Packaging_Standards#Package_naming
page, but my package openjpeg2 was silently removed with this reason
however there are gtk* and wxgtk* packages that also violate this
rule.

I insist on giving me proof-link for this rule, including this rule
into wiki
(https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Packaging_Standards#Package_naming)
and renaming all packages according this rule.

Or just leave it as is and stop dropping my packages.

For more info see:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/38016