[aur-general] Only lower case letters?

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Jan 13 09:52:18 EST 2013

Kwpolska wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:25 AM, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
>> Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
>>
>>>It doesn't support them directly, but many packagers use Felix'
>>>workaround. If you are going to spam AUR like Jorge did, I'll be in
>>>really wild mood, trust me.
>>
>> What did he do that you consider spamming?
>
>88 packages are quite a lot.  (src: OP’s original split PKGBUILD)

When did contributing to the AUR become "spamming"? The packages are for
separate languages and directly correspond to upstream. I do not consider that
spam at all. If anything, it is a commendable effort to provide those packages
despite the AURs inability to (fully) support split packages.

If TUs now threaten users who contribute too much then I think something has
gone very wrong.