[aur-general] NVIDIA drivers

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 23:10:12 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM, SpinFlo <sl1pkn07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> i ve use yaourt, yes,
>
> yaourt when make and install sucessful package delete all sources.,
> then the symlink don't work

Don't use yaourt then.

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM, SpinFlo <sl1pkn07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry for the quotes after message, this is automatic by gmail :S

And it's not 'automatic' by gmail, I use gmail, just click the
'in-line' button (3 dots).

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> /etc/makepkg.conf -> SRCDEST
>
> Set that to the directory of your choice and all source files should be saved
> there. Common sources will be automatically detected.
>
> (yeah, via symlinks... but if this is the approach that you meant, it wasn't
> clear)

Yes SRCDEST is better but won't help for yaourt users. I can't
remember when/why I started making my own symlinks, perhaps to prevent
one directory being way too full (harder to spring clean). In any
case, my apologies, SRCDEST is obviously the better solution here.