[aur-general] Request for comments: new tdom package - replace or additional git

Uwe Koloska kolewu at koloro.de
Tue Jan 29 19:41:43 EST 2013

On 29.01.2013 01:50, Daniel Wallace wrote:
> try http://ix.io/4bk
> and configure the --mandir so you can just get dir of the mkdir and
> mv commands all together.

Thank you -- that looks great and is very welcome!

Because you changed the Maintainer back to the (now) former one: Is
there a proposed way to give credit to the former maintainer?  Or will
he only survive in the history (if there is anything like this)?

About the changes in the git code:
I (maybe) have used this template:
https://projects.archlinux.org/abs.git/tree/prototypes/PKGBUILD-git.proto

The tip from the Arch wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VCS_PKGBUILD_Guidelines is slightly
different ...
Should I reflect the changes (the quotes) at least there?

What about using "--depth=1" when doing "git clone" from the remote repo?

And why did you remove the '()' around
  cd "${_gitname}" && git pull origin
A makepkg function is a normal shellscript, isn't it?
If it is, the following lines will be executed inside ${_gitname} and
that is not what I want -- maybe I'm wrong.

Thank you for your help
Uwe