[aur-general] Looking For A Sponsor

Iru Cai mytbk920423 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 03:00:23 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in becoming a TU.

I've used Arch for more than a year. Before I used Arch, I had been a Fedora user for about half a year. I also tried some other Linux distros such as Debian,Gentoo, and LFS. I'm now a student in college, and I'm an active participant in the Linux Club of my school. I think I've gained enough knowledge to use Linux proficiently. Now I'm eager to be a contributor to the Linux user group instead of just a user. Arch is my favorite Linux distribution. I've seen the 'Arch is the best' wiki page and forum thread, and I believe that Arch is the best.

I submitted my first package to AUR soon after I became an Arch user. Now I have only 18 packages in AUR, and most of them are adopted, but I believe I can do better. As a student in college, I'd like to maintain packages that students need, such as BBS Clients(FQTerm,PCManX,etc.), science tools(gnome-chemistry-utils,some octave packages,etc.). As a member of the Linux Club, I've seen a lot of software Linux users like, which is still in AUR, such as screen-message,debootstrap,etckeeper. I also like to visit websites about Linux, and get to know a lot of new software. I also like to share them with other users.

I can write in bash, and familiar with C/C++. I'm also interested in functional programming languages like Scheme and Haskell, though I'm not good at them. I have enough spare time to maintain the packages, and communicate with others in the mailing list. I've read the TU wiki page and TU Bylaws, and I think I met the requirements for becoming a TU.

More information about me: I'm 21 years old, studying in Peking University, China, majoring in computer science.

Username of AUR,Wiki,Forum,and Bug Tracker: mytbk
My AUR packages: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=mytbk

Sincerely Yours,
Iru Cai