[aur-general] Merge request : php-gtk

Xorg xorgbreaker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 06:39:04 EDT 2013

Le 01/07/2013 09:46, Maxime Gauduin a écrit :
> On Sun, 2013-06-30 at 16:29 +0200, Xorg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Please merge php-gtk (package is old, orphan, dependencies are bad and
>> package can't compile) into php-gtk-git.
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/php-gtk/
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/php-gtk-git/
>>
>>    Best Regards
>> X0rg
>>
> I'd leave it like this for the moment, project seems to be active still,
> there might be a new release at some point.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Maxime
So php-gtk is orphan and can't be compiled (try, if you want, and change
dependencies is not better).
I've tried to write a PKGBUILD for, but when 'make' start, I've a lot of
"unknown type name"‘function_entry" and make exit with a non-zero
status. Even if somebody adopts it and rewrites PKGBUILD, 'make' will fail.
Rewritten PKGBUILD is here : http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QKRXp83A
Skip file php-gtk.ini, and try 'makepkg -s'.

Project is inactive (http://gtk.php.net/download.php -> last release
v2.0.1, 15-May-2008), package php-gtk is strictly useless in AUR.

That is my final word : please merge php-gtk into php-gtk-git. Nobody
will adopt php-gtk... It's the only solution to remove obsolete package
in AUR and make AUR more cleaner.

I am not interested by php-gtk (and also php-gtk-git), my request is
only for AUR interest.

Thanks.