[aur-general] Merge request

Stefano bergs89 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 10:48:30 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Pedro Alejandro López-Valencia
<palopezv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Stefano <bergs89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > I made a name mistake and I propose to merge [1] in [2]:
> >
> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libreoffice-kalahari/
> > IN
> > [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libreoffice-kalahari-mod/
>
> Wouldn't be more appropriate to call the package
> libreoffice-kalahari-icons? Not everyone is familiar with the jargon.
> A mod can be a myriad things; in fact the original meanings of mod and
> modder are very different indeed (hint: modarchive.org).
>
> --
> http://about.me/palopezv

Thank you for your advice Alejandro. You are right, but if you look
carefully you will se that every libreoffice icon theme (in AUR) are a
mod to LO. That's because we move an icon theme to another name and
install the icon theme (in this case kalahari) with the name of the
moved theme. This are the examples:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libreoffice-faenza-mod/?setlang=he&comments=all
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libreoffice-human-mod/?setlang=it
the only name exception is:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libreoffice-flat-icon-set/
but in the libreoffice-flat-xxx.install you will see the same code i was
talking about.

I think that mod is more properly, because a part of LO will disapper
and after an update of LO we need to reinstall the theme package.

If you think anyway this name is wrong I'm open to do the right way.