[aur-general] TU application

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Wed Jul 17 17:52:54 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Dicebot <public at dicebot.lv> wrote:
> Long story short - I am insterested in becoming a Trusted User and
> taking care of packages related to D programming language.
Nice to see someone apply since the last fail.

> I have been using Arch Linux for last ~5 years but that does not really
> matter as I have never spent any considerable time maintaining packages.
Do you use Arch as your main computer OS? On servers ? On testing vm ?

> I have been maintaing reference D compiler package (dmd2) in AUR
> before its inclusion into main repositories and kept contacting
> Sven-Hendrik with various improvement proposals after. At some point
> in the relatively long mail thread he has suggested to make a TU
> application so that I can take over those packages and maintain them
> directly - which is the primary motivating reason behind this mail.

What's about you? Where are you from? What's your name?
Do you ride horses?

> As my general competence level as a packager relatively low I am
> planning to solely focus on domain I am proficient with - D compilers,
> libraries and notable applications. Also contacting with D maintainers
> in other distros to ensure reasonable consistency.

I quickly looked your packages in AUR and they seems good. If I may
formulate small advices:
- Your quoting of $srcdir and $pkgdir is missing. Those variables can
have space ;
- No need to "cd $srcdir" at the beginning of package() ;
- It's bertter to use  install instead of mkdir and cp ;
- Try to avoid versionned dependencies (like 'dmd>=2.063' ).

Cheers, and good luck.

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://www.seblu.net