[aur-general] About orphaning all packages of inactive users

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 17:24:19 EDT 2013

Hi,

Some of these packages are out of date and some have better PKGBUILDs
in the comments:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?K=phi&SeB=m

Last activity from the user was over two years ago: 2011-03-17 (the
brother-hl2030 package)

The two packages that are out of date has not been updated for three years.

My plan is to orphan all his packages if nobody thinks that's a
horribly bad idea.

I'm also interested in comments about what should be done for similar
situations in the future. I assume most users would be happy just to
see the pacakges being updated instead of hoarded and would think it
was fine if TUs just orphan them after a similar investigation of the
situation.

--
Sincerely,
  Alexander Rødseth