[aur-general] TU application

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Fri Jul 19 18:26:37 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Dicebot <public at dicebot.lv> wrote:
> On 07/17/2013 11:52 PM, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
> Hey, Arch Wiki did not mention any questionnaire that needs to be answered!
> ;)
Yes and we don't speak of the rectal exam too. Not to discourage applicants. :)

> Well, my name is Michael (Михаил Страшун), age 24. I am originally from
> Latvia, ethnically Russian. Currently located in Berlin, programming in D
> for a living. No horse riding. Was quite seriously into Greek-Roman
> wrestling for almost a decade but was prohibited to take any burst physical
> load after recovering from a cerebral stroke. These days just do coding
> 24/7. Favor Internet anarchists.
>
> Anything specific you'd like to know?
That's good to me.

>> - Try to avoid versionned dependencies (like 'dmd>=2.063' ).
>

> That is not accident, I do precisely know that it won't work with dmd 2.062
> - I am one of contributors to that project.

Almost all packages may have versioned dependencies, and we don't do
that. It's not because we don't know the minimum required version.
As we are a rolling release, we know that the system must be upgraded completly.
So you need to check  the current version in repositories (and update
it if it's not enough).
In this case, dmd is in version 2.063.2 in a stable  and official
repository, why do you need a versioned deps specifically?

Cheers,
--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://www.seblu.net