[aur-general] About orphaning all packages of inactive users

Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen freso.dk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 09:36:31 EDT 2013

Den 20-07-2013 09:39, Jonathan Steel skrev:
> On Sat 20 Jul 2013 at 07:49, Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen wrote:
>> FWIW, I've sent e-mails to maintainers that replied back and got
>> around to updating their packages. You likely don't hear about
>> these, as the requests (seldomly, anyway) come to this mailing list.
>> It's true that I have more often not gotten a reply, but it does
>> happen that I have.
>
> We are talking about users who have been inactive for a more than a year,
> especially ones that have ignored flags/comments for a long time; have users
> really come back after a year or so just because you emailed them?

I have had at least one response from someone who was no longer actively
using Arch Linux and had been inactive for some time, and then went and
disowned their package. Whether they'd been gone for more than a year by
the time they were contacted, I cannot remember, and I doubt I'd be able
to check that now if I went and looked up who it was.

--
Frederik "Freso" S. Olesen <http://freso.dk/>