[aur-general] TU application

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 07:56:10 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Dicebot <public at dicebot.lv> wrote:

> It is nothing of real importance but question is, what harm does
> explicit versioning do?

Correct me if I overlooked it, but from what I have read here, but I
have yet to see an argument that applies to the specific case here.
AUR users are factually more vulnerable to missing versions on
dependencies (for an added upstream feature) than repository packages,
because enforcement of AUR client state is up to the sysadmin/aur
helper. This might not apply to the community repository, I just got
the feeling things won't be eaten as hot as they were cooked here.

cheers!
mar77i