[aur-general] Orphan Request

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 17:37:03 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM, John D Jones III
<unixgeek1972 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please orhpan https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/perl-sub-name/ the
> maintainer has been contacted to bump the pkgrel to trigger a rebuild.
> perl-moose and a number of other modules depend on this module, and since
> the initial request to bump to pkgrel was made in June and the maintainer
> has yet to do so, along with the fact that others are resisting the pkgrel
> leads me to believe the maintainer will not bump the pkgrel to force a
> rebuild, thus making perl-moose and everything else that depend on this to
> constantly fail. I already have the bumped tarball ready to submit.
> --
> John D Jones III
> Perl/Javascript/Systemd Zealot
> unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
> http://www.zoelife4u.org/

Users are responsible for rebuilding local packages when their hard
dependencies are updated. The `pkgrel` in an AUR package doesn't
correspond to a specific build like the `pkgrel` of binary packages in
the repositories.

Bumping the `pkgrel` would definitely annoy people who had already rebuilt it.