[aur-general] packages without category

Sam Stuewe halosghost at archlinux.info
Tue Jul 30 16:33:42 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-30 14:47, Dave Reisner wrote:
>> The current search interface might be insufficient and not optimal
>> regarding categories,
>> but should be consistent and predictably - which it isn't now.
>
> I tend to agree with the consensus that categories are meaningless,
> unmaintainable crap.
I rather fit in to this school of thought as well. The notion of tags
for packages is a cool one, but if it were to be done, I think it would
make more sense for that to be something that anyone can add (if you see
a package that you felt was missing a relevant tag, you could just add
it) or remove.

Having said that, I'm not sure how much that really adds (assuming
people write pkgdescs well).

All the best,

-Sam